Though blogging seems to be coming increasingly more popular, it still seems to be somewhat obscure to the regular facebook/myspace users. Like i said I have a couple of friends who have blogs but not many, maybe one or two. Now this is not my own opinion but it seems that the "blogging community" or "bloggers" are seen as going a little extreme or having too much time on their hands, i was reading Marissa's response and I completely agree with her opinion on the word "blogger" it sort of as negative or nerdy connotation, but honestly i know people who are just as addicted, if not more to facebook, but the fact that blogging is still in pop culture a little less "pop" than facebooking, therefor is seen in lesser light than some of the social networking sites. If it wasn't for this class i probably would never have a blog, it just seems like no one would really care what i had to say, but now that I have one it seems very interesting and fun.
I really enjoyed this quote by Blood
"In our age the single page website of an obscure Turk named Mahir can sweep the web in days"
Its amazing to me how true this statement is. The internet is such a vast a fast spreading arena for anyone to share with the world anything they feel necessary. I think that blogs are an effective way of doing this, but i don't think that blogs have enough popularity or intrigue to get much bigger than they are now, which is unfortunate. Perhaps the biggest reason is that most of my generation has grown alarmingly accustom to instant gratification, they don't want to take the time to read someone's blog, when the can easily go to Facebook and looks at pictures and read concise status or twitter updates.
I certainly enjoyed reading Blood's essay on blogging and learning about it's history, i think that blogs are a great way to share your thoughts and stories with other people and hopefully i will use mine often.
No comments:
Post a Comment